- Playing space split into two.
- Teams split into two with different colour bibs.
- Half of yellow team occupy one side of pitch, each with a ball and a red player marking them.
- Other half of both teams occupiesthe other side of pitch, this time with the reds having a ball each and a yellow player marking them.
- All players with a ball at their feet must try to keep the ball away from their defensive marker and within their side of the pitch.
- All players without the ball look to win the ball off their direct opponent and carry it into the other half. If they achieve this, the roles are now reversed and they must keep possession in that half while their opponent tries to win it back.
- Team with most balls in their half at the end of the exercise wins.
- Retain possession by keeping body between ball and defender. Feints and dummies to escape pressure and take the ball into space.
- Defenders focus on the ball and look to choose moment to pounce and complete turnover. Guide attacker into corners to limit his options of escaping with the ball.