- Small pitch with 5v5.
- 1 goal at each end. Goalkeepers optional.
- Both teams must pass forward only, before looking to score in the opponent’s goal.
- Teammates support ball occupant by finding space ahead of him to allow the play to progress.
- Defenders look to block off forward lanes and force turnover.
- Dribbling also allowed when space to carry forward.
- Movements to stay in the ‘line of pass’, ensuring the ball occupant has as many options as possible.
- Constant scanning to find space and assess options for when you receive the ball.
- 3rd man movements to give 2nd man options once he receives.
- Diagonal passing and aim for back foot to allow receiver to take ball on half-turn and retain momentum.
- Zig-Zag/staggered positional structures to facilitate 1 and 2 touch progressions, evading opponent pressure.
- Angled closing down and use of cover shadows to shut off passing lanes.