- Main area of approx 30×30 with 5 attackers and 4 defenders.
- Two mini goals behind defenders. Two gates and an ‘end zone’ behind attackers.
- Ball returns to attacking team for each restart.
- Attacking team look to move opponents and create space/lanes to progress through and score in one of the two mini goals. If they score from a shot taken in front of the last defender, one point is given. If the final touch on the ball is made behind the last defender, two points are given.
- Defending team aim to recover possession and counter-attack. One point is given for a ball played through one of the gates. If a player on the defending team runs through the gates with the ball, or receives the ball in this zone, two points are given.
- (Attack) use of ball and movement to draw pressure one way before exploiting the open space elsewhere: decoys, double movements, overloads, isolated 1v1s, bounce passes, pausing on the ball, reverse passes.
- Attacking team should counterpress to prevent counter- collapse around ball-occupant, block passing lanes, blind-side dispossession.
- (Defence) defending to close off progression and retain access to individual attacking players at the same time, pressing and covering, angle of approach to guide attacker one way or limit options.
- Counter-attack quickly with darting runs forward into identified space and passes to furthest attacking option.
- Swapping sides optional if teams have been selected with even mix of attackers and defenders.