- 3v3 with two goalkeepers.
- Each of the three active red players given number between 1 and 3, as well as the three red players waiting on the outside.
- Each of the three active yellow players given letter between A and B, as well as the three yellow players waiting on the outside.
- When coach calls a letter or number, relevant active player must immediately swap with the corresponding outside player.
- Basic small sided game with both teams looking to combine and create shooting opportunities when in possession.
- When coach swaps players on the team in possession, they must reorganise the attack quickly, while the out of possession team aims to exploit the imbalance and recover possession.
- When coach swaps players on the team out of possession, they must reorganise the defence quickly, while the in possession team aims to exploit the imbalance and create a shooting opportunity.
- Defending players arriving on the pitch following a swap must recognise what is immediately required of him, e.g. covering empty space, moving out to press a player in his zone. If central player swapping, teammates must close off this space, so arriving player will then take up position as outside back instead.
- Attacking players arriving on the pitch following a swap must also recognise what is required of him, e.g. arriving in space on the outside or in behind to receive and finish the move etc.
- Make sure exercise played at a high intensity to ensure transition are managed quickly and efficiently. Having multiple balls on the side of the pitch ready to go will help maintain intensity.