- Four red players positioned around the centre circle, with four yellow players inside.
- One green player positioned within the yellow players defensive unit, with another green player positioned at both ends of the circle.
- Ball starts with one of the players on the outside.
- The team on the outside aims to feed the ball into the green player on the inside. They can circulate possession with any of the other players on the outside while they search for a passing lane into the central player.
- Once the central player in green receives the ball, he must feed the ball back to a different outside player to ensure the team stays in possession.
- If the outside team loses possession, either through an interception or because the central green player was tackled, they must swap places with the four defending players.
- Attacking players must constantly readjust their positioning and orientation to get in the ‘line of pass’ for the player on the ball, and to prepare for a quick one or two-touch pass as soon as they receive. Also important they pass to the correct foot and at an appropriate weight to facilitate the receiver’s next action.
- Defending players must always be aware of the location of the neutral player and look to close off passing lanes, forcing the ball-occupant into a misplaced pass.